[Pretty Protective Power Grid]

Another photo that I shot on my walk yesterday. It is shot with my Olympus OM-1 using a Lomography LomoChrome Turquoise on ISO 200.

I found a power structure with a lot of barbed wire, and knowing the qualities of the film, I tried to get this kind of shot by shooting upwards towards the sky.

Developed my first 35mm film!

I finally got to develop my first film — a black and white Ilford HP5 Plus 400 ISO that I’ve shot with my Olympus OM-1 over a period of about 6 months.

I have been pretty excited to do this, and I had a worst case scenario in my mind that I’d destroy the film with my development since it would be my first time doing it.

Luckily, it went pretty well.

The chemicals and times I used are these:

Developer: Adox FX-39 / 13 minutes
Stopper: Tetenal Indicet / 1 minute
Fixer: Ilford Rapid Fixer / 9 minutes

And then let the container stand open in running tapwater for about 20-25 minutes for rinsing before hanging it up to dry.

Some of the photos I got out of the film are posted below. I used my Epson V370 scanner for scanning them.

2017-05-06-0009

2017-05-06-0020

2017-05-06-0018

Statue

2017-05-06-0004

2017-05-06-0003

2017-05-06-0005

New photo scanner acquired

Since I photograph quite a bit with analog cameras, and recently got my own film development kit, I found out that I should get myself a photo scanner, as well.

I’m not any kind of pro photographer, so I figured I didn’t need a “pro” scanner, either. At least not pay pro price for it.

So, the one I found in the area with OK price, and OK feedbacks on, as well as my own research, was an Epson V370 Photo scanner. Picture of it at the top.

After locating where it was in stock, I bussed (took the bus) down to the city and picked it up, and bussed home again as a happy camper.

Plugged it in, got vuescan up and running and started trying it out. I do have a licensed copy of vuescan, and I think it’s worth it when scanning dias and negatives!

Unfortunatly, some of my old negatives looked to be some kind of damaged during a flood I had in my apartment last December, but they miraculously seem usable now. It is part of that batch I tried some scans today, and wanted to show the result of.

Sverre Sigurdsson, King of Norway 1177–1202 AD. Shot in Trondheim with Olympus OM-1 summer 2016.

I was a bit concerned about the sharpness of the photos after scanning, but it looks OK. The finished scans are over 7000 pixels on the longes side, so I usually reduce the size to about 2500-3000 pixels on the longest side, and then the sharpness also get better. You can click the photos here to get them in larger format.

Shot with a Lomography Diana Mini in Trondheim summer 2016. Not proper focus or exposure on that camera, so always chancing 🙂

All in all, I’m happy with the results I’m getting on this scanner since it costed me only 1290 Norwegian Kroner, or $150. That is on the low end for photo scanners, here at least.

So, with this gadget in hand, and my development kit standing by, I hope to be able to post some more analog photos here in the coming time! 😀